MD, PhD, Assoc. Prof., Dermatology, Dermatosurgery, Dermato-oncology
Mohs surgery, Melanoma surgery, Sentinel lymph node biopsy, Lymph node dissection
- MD degree at the University of Barcelona Medical School, 1999-2005.
- Resident in « Clinical and surgical dermatology and venereology » program. Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, 2006-2010.
- PhD degree at the University of Barcelona, 2014. Title: Confocal Microscopy applied to Mohs surgery. Qualification: Cum laude
- Observership in Mohs surgery at the Royal Infirmary Hospital. Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK (2009) and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre, NYC, US (2010)
- Fellowship in Mohs Surgery. Tel-Hashomer Hospital. Tel-Aviv, Israel. Dr Zilinsky (2010)
- Attendance to > 50 national and international scientific meetings
- Author or co-author of > 50 scientific publications, most of them in the skin cancer field. Special mention to the research done with ex vivo confocal microscopy applied to Mohs surgery.
- >30 presentations as guest speaker in national and international courses and congresses
- Associate Professor at the Universitat de Barcelona (2013-2017): pregraduate courses and Master degree in “Advanced Dermatology”
- Associate Professor at the Universitat de le Illes Balears (since 2019): pregraduate courses
Since 2010, Dr Bennàssar has been working as skin surgeon with extensive experience and dedication to Mohs surgery in high-risk carcinomas as well as surgery of advanced melanoma including selective biopsy of the sentinel lymph node, electrochemotherapy and complete lymph node dissection.
Spanish, English, Catalan, Portuguese